Monday, February 6, 2012

Modern Monday

   Good evening all "secret keepers and gossips"! I trust that you all had a simply MARVELOUS weekend and that you are feeling refreshed and ready start a new week. I had a wonderful weekend enjoying the simple things of everyday life with my husband. Our weekend was busy, so there wasn't much time for rest or relaxation but as far as feeling prepped and geared up to start my week... I am ready!
   So let's talk fashion :) A huge trend last year and one that I still see worn this year are the maxi skirts. I ADORE maxi skirts! Reason being ... you don't have to iron them :) They are a GREAT travel skirt because they don't wrinkle! Just wad them up, stuff them in your suitcase, pull them out and they are ready to wear... you might get a few wrinkles here and there, but honestly no one notices because it looks like the skirt was made that way... How cool!!
   I am nuts about the color grey!! Grey can be classy and elegant; it can be casual and relaxed; it can be dressy; sleek; or just plain comfy. I tend to find myself using grey as a accent color a lot!  It can be worn as a "side-kick" color or it can stand on its own. For today, I paired it up with purple. I LOVE this combo; for those of you that attended our wedding, you know this already :) So let's take a look!
 


White 3/4 button-up Shirt: Banana Republic Outlet
Purple Lace Tank: Maurices
Belt: Thrifted 
Necklace: Kohls
Grey Skirt: TJ Max
Purple Shoes: TJ Max

Let me know what you "secret keepers and gossips" think!!

6 comments:

  1. I am always amazed how you make the simplest things look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! LOVE the color gray...ALWAYS have!! :) LOVE the belt too!! I am needing some SERIOUS wardrobe makeover...I will be calling! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to call anytime! LOVE chatting with you!! :)

      Delete