As I was cleaning the house a few days before New Year's and thinking about what I wanted my resolutions to be for the new upcoming year, I found my Bible under my bed... un-touched and collecting dust. As I stopped and reflected over the past year, I realized I went to church; I read the small daily devotionals, but I never opened up God's Word. When I became aware of what I just learned, I was heart-broken. How could this be? What happened? Life happened. I got too busy with my everyday duties of life to where I couldn't find a few minutes out of my day to stop and talk with God. How sad and depressed I felt. A whole year had gone by....wasted.
As a result, one of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to have my devotions every day. I want to delve more into God's Word and see what God is trying to say TO ME rather than just put in my time by "just reading" Scripture. I am loving all that God is showing me and I look forward to "our time spent together" every day.
At my ripe old age of almost 27, I don't proclaim to have wisdom for I, myself, am still learning and experiencing along this journey we call life. But, I do know someone who is full of wisdom, for He created it. So as I end my day, let me share with you what God has to say about growing in Him.
John 15:4 says, "You must go on growing in me and I will grow in you. For just as the branch cannot bear any fruit unless it shares the life of the vine, so you can produce nothing unless you go on growing in me." I hope that this can be encouraging to someone else who may have got distracted with everyday living and needs to recognize that there this is no reason for giving up. God uses many things (maybe even a blog) to bring things to our attention and help us move forward.
I want to end with this YouTube video....this song is my theme song for my Spiritual walk with God this year. It speaks of my heart's desire. PLEASE watch and listen to it and let it speak to you! God Bless!!
Lord I want to yearn for you
I want to burn with passion
Over You, And Only You!!
No comments:
Post a Comment