Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

  I am super excited to share this post with all you "secret keepers and gossips"!! Thrifty Thursday's will entail decorating ideas for the house :) Decorating is something that I take joy in; I find it to be an energizer! If I would have been able to I would have gone to school to be an interior designer. However, I went to school and became an Elementary Teacher instead...I guess I am "designing" the way children think, eh? 
  Every Thursday I hope to share with all of you either a piece that I got on sale and how to use it, OR I will show you how to turn something old from your home into a new conversation piece. So, I guess I could look at this as I will have sort of fulfilled my dream of becoming an Interior Designer by getting to help design something or provide a new idea for your home. 


Today's eye-catcher: Apothecary Vases.

  Most people living in the 21st century own an apothecary vase. If you are like me, you own 6. And yes, every one of them serves a purpose! If you don't own one, then go to your local TJ Max and purchase one for $10. Today's entry shows you how you can take an ordinary vase and make it become a statement piece. 

My January centerpiece on my island consists of: Hot Cocoa with a measuring spoon, a tree from my Christmas village (multi-purpose), and Marshmallows... a welcoming display for these cold winter days.

*BRR...*

All you need to make this happen are these vinyl letters. 


  You can pick them up at your local Wal-mart for $3.00. After you have used them once, put them back in their spot because you can use them again... take a look at how I used them this past fall for Halloween and this past winter for Christmas.


*BOO*

*JOY*








7 comments:

  1. You have such a BEAUTIFUL touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!! I have to say that I am going to try this!!! :) You are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Valerie and Mindy :) You are too kind!! LaRona, feel free to "lurk" all you want...the blog is for secret keepers and gossips ;) haha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit... I lurked as well... but technically by typing this... I'm not a lurker anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lacey! Glad you got to "see" it on here, since you won't get to Friday :( You will be missed, but I'll get you the date for next month asap!!

      Delete